Easy Sugar Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 86 | Total Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg
Add Sugar to softened butter.
And beat until creamy.
Wisk egg and vanilla together and blend.
Add dry ingredients slllloooowly.
Clean up the floury mess.
Roll and cut.
Really, really enjoy putting your sister's lipstick on all skin and counter surfaces while your mother turns her back to put cookies in oven.
Make some pink frosting with 3/4 cups confectioners sugar, 2 TBS softened butter, 1/2 tsp vanilla,
1 TBS milk, 5 drops red food coloring and about 1/2 tsp veggie oil.
Don't forget to eat a spoonful while your mother is moving the cookies from the pan to a cooling rack.
Finally frost the unshapely cookies (or not). BTW my brain still hadn't recovered so I forgot to check for a recipe suited more for rolling and cutting. But hey, they are good dipped in milk or coffee and smothered with this wonderful stuff.
Watch Homeward Bound and cry when Shadow finally comes limping over the hill to 'his boy' and fall into a deep and blissful sleep. After all you've worked hard and deserve it.